When: May 24th, 2018
Where: Twisted Thistle Apothecary
1391 Haight St SF, CA
You will be guided through a sacred cacao ceremony as we dive deeper into the psycho-emotional barriers of the physical, mental, emotional & spiritual bodies. We will learn about the benefits of working with cacao as a plant ally, sing medicine songs, meditate, and then lie down to receive a restorative inspirational sound journey. You will leave this event feeling nourished, inspired, and clear on your path. We will create a safe space for you to journey into the depths of yourselves and reconnect with your divine purpose in this lifetime.
There is an ancient prophecy that says Cacao, the unprocessed version of chocolate, will come back to the masses when we have lost connection with our hearts. This plant medicine has been used shamanically for 3,500 years by Olmec, Maya & Aztec cultures, and it helps remove blockages on the physical, emotional, mental, energetic and spiritual levels so that we can connect with our fullest expression of love. As a loving partner, cacao assists us in personal and planetary healing in the light of the highest good.
- eat a light dinner so the cacao can assimilate more easily.
- avoid alcohol and caffeine the day of the ceremony.
- **If you are on any antidepressants, are breast feeding, have low blood pressure, or have a history of epilepsy please let us know**
What to bring:
- altar items
- journal + pen
- water bottle
- comfortable clothes
What to expect:
- Cacao increases blood flow and is a heart centered energy.
- Cacao can stimulate a detox response from the body, which can result in nausea and/or headaches. If this happens we can drink some water it will ultimately be a good thing to get those toxins out :) We'll be starting with half of a dose and take the 2nd half after a group meditation, so you'll know how your body responds to the cacao and can decide if you'd like a full dose at that point.
- It's best to have an unscheduled evening to integrate and rest.